Thursday, September 23, 2010

the Sarkiiapone



Have you heard the story about the frog and the scorpion? It's an old story that everyone knows - so old, i don't think anyone knows who told it first. It goes like this:

One day a frog was sitting by the bank of the river enjoying the sunshine. A scorpion approached the frog and asked him for a ride across the river. "Frog", said the scorpion, "I need you to carry me across the river upon your back.”

The frog considered this request and replied "Scorpion, I know that if I carry across the river upon my back, you will poison me on the other side. I cannot carry you across the river upon my back."

"Frog", again said the scorpion, "Please, I have no wish to harm you, I promise. I just need to go across the river to find food. There is nothing left on this side for me to eat."

The frog considered the request again and then agreed to help the scorpion get across the river.

In the middle of the river, the frog felt a sharp sting in his back. The scorpion had stung him. "Scorpion!", cried the frog, "You have killed me and yourself as well. Why have you done this?"

"Because I am a scorpion...and that is my nature."

... sometimes things just are the way they are, and that's all there is to say about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment